Acceptable Use Standards
You may not use the Website:
• in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation or that violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
• in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect or that is unlawful, harassing, abusive, tortious, threatening, harmful, invasive of another’s privacy, vulgar, defamatory, false, intentionally misleading, trade libellous, pornographic, obscene, patently offensive, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual or is otherwise objectionable;
• for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm others in any way and in particular for any purpose that is harmful to minors in any way;
• to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with the Terms, rules and standards relating to the Website;
• to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
• knowingly to transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
• to collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users, including e-mail addresses, without their consent; or
• to interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on servers or networks connected to the Website, or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks or to attempt to gain unauthorised access to any computer system;
• in breach of any obligations that you owe to a third party.
You also agree:
• not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Website in contravention of the provisions of the Terms, rules and standards relating to the Website;
• not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt: any part of the Website; any equipment or network on which the Website is stored; any software used in the provision of the Website; or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party;
• not to create multiple user accounts by any means or for any purpose whatsoever; and
• not to harass or interfere with any other user’s use and enjoyment of the Website.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
Contributions must: be accurate (where they state facts); be genuinely held (where they state opinions); and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
You agree not to upload, transmit, distribute through the Website or otherwise contribute:
• any computer viruses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke, loggers, spyware, adware or any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data
• any material which is threatening, abusive, defamatory of any person, obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory or sexually explicit;
• any material that promotes violence, discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age or otherwise promotes any illegal activity;
• any material that does or is likely to infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or other intellectual property right of any other person or that otherwise breaches any legal duty owed to a third party (including any confidentiality obligations);
• any material that does or is likely to invade another’s privacy or to cause annoyance, inconvenience, needless anxiety, harassment, embarrassment or alarm to another person;
• any material that does or is likely to deceive any person, to misrepresent your identity or affiliation or to give the impression that it emanates from us where this is not the case;
• any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of duplicative or unsolicited messages, whether commercial or otherwise; or
• any material that advocates, promotes or assists with any of the objectionable activities described above.
We make no guarantees regarding the accuracy, currency, suitability, or quality of any material contributed by users of the Website. Any interactions between you and other users of the Website are solely between you and such users. You agree that we will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred as the result of any such interactions. If there is a dispute between you and any site user, we are under no obligation to become involved.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on the Website, including (without limitation) chat rooms, bulletin board and social media platforms (“Interactive Services”). Where we do provide any Interactive Services, we will usually provide information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical). We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any Interactive Services we provide on the Website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any Interactive Services by any user in contravention of our content standards, whether the relevant Interactive Services are moderated or not. The use of any of our Interactive Services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. Parents/guardians who permit their children to use any Interactive Service should communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool-proof. Minors who are using any Interactive Service should be made aware of the potential risks to them. Where we do moderate any Interactive Service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, at our sole discretion, whether there has been a breach of our acceptable use standards through your use of the Website. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with the Terms is a material breach of the Terms and may result in our taking any or all of the following actions:
• immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Website;
• immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Website;
• the issue of a warning to you;
• legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
• further legal action against you; and
• disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of the above acceptable use standards. The responses described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.